Monday, June 19, 2006

Flock - One-Stop Web Browsing

I was checking what was happening on the SocialLearning.ca site and saw D'Arcy's post -

Flock Beta 1 Available Now | SocialLearning.ca.

Finally, I thought, someone is pulling things together for the user - a Web 2.0 (social) browser that is a one-stop space.

So I decided to play with it.

I like it. A lot! In fact, I'm creating this blog using all the integrated bits, from putting my screenshot into Flickr and then into this blog post, all in one window. And the Favorites link to del.icio.us, so I can tag them for future reference. I haven't used the aggregator because I'm happy with Bloglines, but I would recommend using the Flock newsfeeds to anyone who has been thinking about using an aggregator, but hasn't set up their own Bloglines account yet. That way you would have everything you need, including a Search space, right in the same browser.For more detailed information, check out http://paulstamatiou.com/2006/06/15/the-definitive-flock-beta-1-review/

Using Flock gives me a simpler interaction and saves me time. So I'm really impressed, so impressed, in fact, that I'm making Flock my default browser.

Give it a try - see what you think.

Blogged with Flock

tags

Blogged with Flock

No comments: